Petronas hires four Velesto jack-up rigs

first_imgMalaysia’s Velesto Energy, formerly known as UMW Oil & Gas, has been awarded contracts for the provision of four jack-up drilling rigs by Petronas Carigali. NAGA 5; Source: VelestoThe contract is for the provision of four drilling rigs – NAGA 2, NAGA 3, NAGA 5, and NAGA 6 – for Petronas Carigali’s drilling program, Velesto said in a Bursa Malaysia filing on Monday.The first three rigs will start their contract in April or May and the last one in June or July 2019.The rigs have been hired for one year with an option of additional one plus one year extension for each of the contracts.Estimated contract values for the rigs, for firm period only, are $25.4 million for NAGA 2 and for NAGA 3, each. For NAGA 5 the value of the contract is $26.2 million and for NAGA 6 the contract is worth $27.6 million.All four rigs are premium independent-leg cantilever jack-ups with drilling depth capability of 30,000 feet. The first two rigs have a rated operating water depth of 350 feet and the other two 400 feet and 375 feet, respectively.It is worth reminding that UMW Oil & Gas changed its name to Velesto Energy in May 2018.Offshore Energy Today StaffSpotted a typo? Have something more to add to the story? Maybe a nice photo? Contact our editorial team via email. Offshore Energy Today, established in 2010, is read by over 10,000 industry professionals daily. We had nearly 9 million page views in 2018, with 2.4 million new users. This makes us one of the world’s most attractive online platforms in the space of offshore oil and gas and allows our partners to get maximum exposure for their online campaigns. If you’re interested in showcasing your company, product or technology on Offshore Energy Today contact our marketing manager Mirza Duran for advertising options.last_img read more

Vaughan joins Forest on loan

first_imgSunderland midfielder David Vaughan has joined Nottingham Forest on a three-month loan deal, the Sky Bet Championship club have confirmed. His three goals include a stunning strike in the 3-0 derby victory at Newcastle in April. The 30-year-old Wales international will remain at the City Ground until January 29 next year and could make his debut against former club Blackpool on Saturday. Vaughan joined the Black Cats from the Seasiders on a free transfer in 2011 and had made 59 senior appearances for the club. center_img Press Associationlast_img read more

Linden loggers, LM&TC strike 25% deal

first_imgReactivation of Kara Kara toll boothDuring a consultation on the reactivation of the Kara Kara toll booth last week, a deal was struck between members of the Logger’s Association in Linden and the Linden Mayor and Town Council (LM&TC) for registered loggers to pay 25 per cent of the total accumulative cost for trips made on a monthly basis.The loggers, once registered, will only be required to pay based on the number of trips they make while carrying logs past the toll point at Kara Kara, Mackenzie. In the past, the loggers were required to pay each time they passed the toll point.During the consultation, loggers registered their concerns over the hardships they were presently facing, and made requests for concessions during the start- up phase of the reactivation. The municipality initially proposed a payment of 50 per cent of the accumulated rate; however, the loggers disagreed, and suggested 30 per cent instead. Both parties eventually settled at 25 per cent.At the conclusion of the consultation, Mayor Carwyn Holland said that owing to the many hardships facing the loggers and the fact that they already pay taxes, the concession was granted. He also advised those businesses to ensure that they were registered in order to take advantage of the rate.“So, let’s say, the (monthly) rate, according to the toll point is $7000, they’ll be required to pay 25 per cent of that cost. This is (for) the Linden-based loggers with the logs…Once they pass with the trucks and with the items as is in the schedule. They have to bring in their registration to be on the registered list of operators…They can come in to the Council and get registered. Once you’re registered in Linden, you get the 25 per cent deal, (this is) to help the Linden businesses to pick up. The agreement between us and the loggers is to have this for one year and then it would be reassessed, to see whether we’re going to take it off or whatever,” Holland explained.The Mayor reminded that tolls would not be required for vehicles which were not carrying logs. The loggers and LM&TC are yet to arrive at a toll amount, which loggers would be required to pay. With the reactivation of the Kara Kara toll booth in the pipeline, the municipality has hosted a number of consultations with the community’s stakeholders.last_img read more

Seven Eritrean players go missing in Kampala

first_imgOthers who were not on the plane back home according to @EritreaFootball were Yosief Mebrahtu, Filmon Semere, Abel Ogbay, Ismail Jahar, Isias Abraham and Eyob Girmay.Capital Sports sources intimate that the players escaped from their team hotel in the wee hours of Friday morning and efforts to trace them were futile.“Their hotel rooms are usually barricaded at night by the team officials but they jumped over the fence and escaped very early on Friday,” a source told Capital Sports.Another one added; “There is a very big village in Kampala where most of the Eritreans stay and those players were whisked away by their fellow Eritreans. I heard that the police went there to try and get them but they escaped again.”The Eritrean players were residing in the same hotel as the Harambee Stars.Eritrea players protest a penalty during their 2019 CECAFA Senior Challenge Cup match against hosts Uganda at the Lugogo Arena in Kampala, Uganda. PHOTO/Timothy OlobuluThere was a frantic search for the players on Friday and Saturday and when they could not be traced, the rest had to be on their way back home.The Red Sea Boys finished second in Kampala after losing 3-0 to Uganda in the final. They made it for their first ever final after beating defending champions Harambee Stars 4-1 in the semis.There have always been cases of Eritrean players escaping whenever they play tournaments outside their country. It was the same case in 2012 when the tournament was also held in Kampala, something that led to their ban from the tournament.They were reinstated this year, but seems old habits die hard.Outgoing CECAFA Secretary General Nicholas Musonye was non-committal on the issue.0Shares0000(Visited 47 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Eritrea celebrate their goal against Harambee Stars. PHOTO/Timothy OlobuuKAMPALA, Uganda, Dec 23 – Seven Eritrean players were not part of the squad that jetted back to Asmara from the CECAFA Senior Challenge Cup in Uganda on Sunday as they could not be traced after the final on Thursday.Robel Kidane who was Eritrea’s top scorer at the tournament with three goals is one of the seven players who were reported missing from the team’s camp, according to Eritrean news outlets.last_img read more