Re John Osterlitz’s March 11 letter, “Don’t forget all of Hillary Clinton’s flaws”: I agree wholeheartedly with John’s letter. It’s about time that people started respecting our president. President Trump is doing everything he can to repair our country from the damage done by our previous president and company. He’s doing his best to keep his campaign promises, despite the lack of support from some on the left, right and mainstream media.President Trump loves America and the American people; he is on our side. It blows my mind to think that some American people would choose to elect Hillary Clinton as our president, whose political life has been riddled with one scandal after another and the subsequent cover-up of these scandals. Hillary Clinton’s agenda as president would be to enhance her power and money; Trump’s agenda is to help all Americans live better and safer lives. This “deplorable” feels much safer that President Trump is in office.Whether you like President Trump or not, he’s our president. We should all get behind him to unite this country and make America great again. Some people want President Trump to fail. But remember this: If President Trump fails, we all fail.TONI ANN KINSELLASaratoga SpringsMore from The Daily Gazette:EDITORIAL: Beware of voter intimidationEDITORIAL: Find a way to get family members into nursing homesEDITORIAL: Thruway tax unfair to working motoristsSchenectady, Saratoga casinos say reopening has gone well; revenue down 30%Foss: Should main downtown branch of the Schenectady County Public Library reopen? Categories: Letters to the Editor, Opinion
Stuff.co.nz 28 June 2013A woman has been banned from a Wellington childcare centre after a Ministry of Education staff member saw her “inappropriately restraining” a child.Even though the woman, in her 20s, was neither a parent nor a staff member at Miramar’s A’oga Amata Childcare Centre, the ministry is continuing to monitor the Samoan community centre.A ministry spokeswoman said a staff member saw someone “inappropriately restraining” a child during a visit to the centre on April 23. The child was not hit or hurt, but the ministry staffer immediately told the centre’s head teacher and the woman involved was banned from the centre during opening hours.The centre was not closed, and no further incidents had been reported, the ministry said.“We are continuing to monitor the centre to ensure all children are safe.”The centre’s management committee chairwoman, Tuitama Leaupepe, told The Dominion Post the incident was a “wakeup call”.The daughter of the centre’s supervisor had been on the floor with the children and was seen “stopping” a 4-year-old boy from hitting another child by putting her hand on his arm, she said.However, she did not see the incident, so could not be sure.http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/education/8723279/Banned-for-restraining-preschooler
MELBOURNE (Reuters) – Cricket Australia (CA) Chief Executive Kevin Roberts is set to be replaced by an interim CEO after losing support of the board over his stewardship of the game during the coronavirus shutdown, local media reported on Monday.Members of the board held an emergency meeting on Sunday to put handover arrangements in place for a replacement, The Australian newspaper said.The reports did not give details about the interim CEO, while CA did not immediately comment when contacted by Reuters.Roberts has been criticised for his handling of the shutdown since a decision to furlough about 80% of staff at head office in April to “proactively” manage the impact of COVID-19.State associations that nominate members to the CA board have pushed back against proposed cuts to their grants, while the players’ union has called for dispute resolution with the governing body after rejecting its forward estimates for the revenue that underpins player payments.CA’s decision to snub Perth as a venue for one of the four test matches in the lucrative India tour in the home summer also angered Western Australia’s state association.Roberts said earlier this month the domestic game stood to lose A$80 million (£43.4 million) due to COVID-19, with fans barred from stadiums and the Twenty20 World Cup to be held in Australia in October likely to be postponed.But with the India tour for December all but confirmed and spectators expected to return to stadiums from next month as COVID-19 infections dwindle, media pundits have accused Roberts of concocting a financial disaster.“The good news for cricket has put further pressure on Roberts with states and players emboldened about their claims the game is not facing a financial crisis,” The Australian said.Roberts would become the third CEO of a major Australian sport to lose their job during the coronavirus outbreak, with National Rugby League boss Todd Greenberg and Rugby Australia chief Raelene Castle stepping down in recent months.