DA eyes importing ‘galunggong’ anew Ethel Booba twits Mocha over 2 toilets in one cubicle at SEA Games venue Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles01:44Undas tradition: 2 mom’s crusade against trash at cemeteries03:14Mom of 3 year old girl slain in anti drug ops files raps vs Rodriguez cops02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss MOST READ PDEA chief backs Robredo in revealing ‘discoveries’ on drug war Two-day strike in Bicol fails to cripple transport The last Greek player to reach the second week at Roland Garros was Lazaros Stalios in 1936.Tsitsipas, who stunned Roger Federer en route to the Australian Open semi-finals earlier this year, had battled back from 5-2 down in the third set to keep his hopes of a straight-sets win alive.World number 60 Krajinovic has good memories of the French capital, though, having reached the Paris Masters final in 2017, and forced a fourth set in a high-quality tie-break.He looked likely to take the match into a decider when Tsitsipas made back-to-back double faults to be broken in the seventh game, but Krajinovic played a dreadful game when serving for the set and was broken to love.Tsitsipas took full advantage, forcing another breaker, in which he sealed victory after saving a set point on his first match point.ADVERTISEMENT Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Greece’s Stefanos Tsitsipas plays a shot against Serbia’s Filip Krajinovic during their third round match of the French Open tennis tournament at the Roland Garros stadium in Paris, Saturday, June 1, 2019. (AP Photo/Christophe Ena )Stefanos Tsitsipas became the first Greek player in 83 years to reach the second week at Roland Garros on Saturday as he survived a scare in the third round against Filip Krajinovic.The sixth seed led by two sets overnight, with the match suspended at 5-5 in the third due to darkness at 9:52 p.m. local time, and saw Serbia’s Krajinovic launch a comeback.ADVERTISEMENT ‘Rebel attack’ no cause for concern-PNP, AFP LATEST STORIES PBA: Ginebra picks up ‘ugly win’ as it turns back NorthPort Cayetano: Senate, Drilon to be blamed for SEA Games mess Tsitsipas lost the set in a tie-break but sealed a 7-5, 6-3, 6-7 (5/7), 7-6 (8/6) success on Court Philippe Chatrier after overturning a 5-3 deficit and saving a set point in the fourth.The 20-year-old will take on either former champion Stan Wawrinka or Grigor Dimitrov for a place in his second Grand Slam quarter-final after their match was also suspended on Friday evening.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesSPORTSSingapore latest to raise issue on SEA Games food, logistics“It’s really tricky when you come back after a day. It’s unusual, you don’t do it that often,” said Tsitsipas.“It was important I saved those set points. Closing in the fourth set, it’s important to save energy.” Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting View comments Catholic schools seek legislated pay hike, too
Chelsea set their price for Bayern Munich target Callum Hudson-Odoiby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveChelsea are demanding big money from Bayern Munich to sign Callum Hudson-Odoi.The Mirror says Chelsea have told Bayern to stump up £40million if they want to sign Hudson-Odoi.The German giants are believed to have had a bid of £20m rejected after being impressed by the 18-year-old.The Stamford Bridge club appear ready to sell the teenager – but not on the cheap.Hudson-Odoi was promised first team opportunities this season but has found playing time limited under Maurizio Sarri. TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
TagsTransfersAbout the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say Agent says Atlanta beat Barcelona, Real Madrid to Gonzalo Martínez dealby Carlos Volcano10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveThe agent of Atlanta United’s latest signing, Gonzalo Martínez, has revealed interest from Real Madrid and Barcelona.Martinez impressed for River Plate in the recent Copa Libertadores final.”Barcelona and Real Madrid were also interested [in Martínez] but he and his agents saw the potential in the MLS,” agent Guido Albers told De Volkskrant.Martínez, 25, joins Atlanta in a deal worth 15 million euros after starring for River Plate last year.
About the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say Man Utd manager Solskjaer hopeful Pogba fit to face Tottenhamby Freddie Taylor10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is hopeful that Paul Pogba will be fit for Saturday’s clash with Tottenham Hotspur.Pogba missed Saturday’s win over Reading due to a knock sustained against Newcastle last week.The Frenchman has been in stunning form since Jose Mourinho’s departure and Solskjaer hopes he can continue that form against Spurs.”Paul has had his knock and has had a few days of treatment back home,” Solskjaer said of Pogba, who initially stayed in Manchester for treatment.”Hopefully, we can get Paul on his feet during this week.”
Image Courtesy: Sirius ShippingOn February 1, the keel was laid for Sirius Shipping’s new oil/chemical tanker.The vessel is the first in the series of two 7,999 dwt newbuildings ordered by Sirius Shipping at China’s AVIC Dingheng Shipyard in 2016.Sirius Shipping said that ESSO Norway will take this newbuild on a time charter once it is delivered.To be built to the EVOLUTION design, the 9,700 cbm tankers will have ICE class 1A and will comply with TIER III (IMO II).Scheduled for delivery in 2018, the newbuilds will feature a length of 119.9 meters and a width of 19.4 meters.The company currently operates a fleet of fourteen oil/chemical tankers and LNG tankers.
DETROIT — The United Auto Workers union is accusing General Motors of violating a national contract by using temporary workers instead of employing full-timers who were laid off from its factories.The union filed a federal lawsuit in Cleveland alleging that GM has temporary workers at its pickup truck plant in Fort Wayne, Indiana. The lawsuit says GM has about 1,000 workers on layoff from several factories who should be working at the plant.The UAW says its contract with GM requires it to hire the laid-off workers, including 690 at a small-car plant in Lordstown, Ohio, which is scheduled to close in March.Messages were left Thursday seeking comment from the company.In November, GM announced plans to shutter five factories this year as it adjusts to lower demand for cars.The Associated Press
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – BC Hydro is planning a number of power outages in the Peace Region today to fix equipment that was damaged during a massive power outage on Wednesday evening.Over 30,000 customers in nearly all of Northeast B.C. lost power at around 8:25 p.m. Wednesday. BC Hydro said that the outage occurred when lightning hit equipment that connected the B.C. Peace with the rest of the provincial electrical grid.Crews took around 15 minutes to bring both the W.A.C. Bennett and Peace Canyon dams back online. Once that was complete, power was then able to be restored to residential customers, the last of which saw the power come back on at around 9:15 p.m. Other industrial customers then saw their power restored. Hydro says that eight separate outages are planned in Fort St. John, Chetwynd, and Fort Nelson today to repair equipment that was damaged by last night’s unplanned outage.The list of planned power outages can be found here: https://www.bchydro.com/power-outages/app/outage-list.html#planned-1602964060.
New Delhi: The issue of alliance with the AAP has delayed election campaigning of the Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee as party workers are confused. The workers are in dilemma, said a senior leader of the party on condition of anonymity. Congress leader said that workers who have been associated with the party for years were in favour of the alliance. But, the situation is not clear so far. They are sitting idle waiting for a decision from the high command. Also Read – After eight years, businessman arrested for kidnap & murderThe workers are reportedly in favour of an alliance with AAP, aware that it will be impossible to win even one of the seven Lok Sabha seats in Delhi without this understanding. The seat sharing formula that has been discussed by the two parties earlier followed a 3+3+1 formula, with the one being left for a neutral candidate.A senior Congress leader said that the DPCC is divided in two groups — one is led by its president Sheila Dikshit while the other is led by two ex-DPCC presidents and a senior leader of AICC who is active in Delhi politics. Dikshit opposes the alliance while the other group supports it on the ground that alliance is a necessity for defeating the BJP. If it is not done, the BJP will sweep in all seven Lok Sabha seats. Also Read – Two brothers held for snatchingsSources said that four former Delhi Congress presidents — Ajay Maken, Subhash Chopra, Tajdar Babar and Arvinder Singh Lovely favoured an alliance with the Aam Aadmi Party in Delhi.Dikshit’s point of view is that the Congress should contest alone whether it loses or wins. This will encourage the party workers who have been associated with the party for generations. They will work to strengthen the party. The second point is that alliance might damage the party in assembly election also that is to be held next year.In 2013, the Congress had supported the AAP for formation of government. The government had collapsed after 49 days. The second time the Congress could not win even a single seat out of 70 though it had ruled the state for three consecutive terms. The AAP had won 67 seats.