News May 28, 2021 Find out more Reporters Without Borders today condemned last night’s raid by gunmen on the bureau of the pan-Arab television news network Al-Arabiya in the West Bank city of Ramallah and called on the Palestinian Authority to do everything possible to identify and punish those responsible.Five masked men armed with M-16 assault rifles, clubs and knives burst into the Al-Arabiya bureau at around 9:30 pm, herded the three employees present into one room, threatened them and smashed computer and office equipment.Claiming to belong to the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, the gunmen pointed their rifles at the heads of the employees and said: “This is a warning, the next time we will kill you.” They gave no further explanation. None of the employees was injured.The Palestinian police said they would investigate the incident. An individual claiming to be a member of the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades called the TV station at about 3:00 a.m. today and denied that the group was behind the raid. Al-Arabiya has its headquarters in Dubai. Receive email alerts RSF asks ICC prosecutor to say whether Israeli airstrikes on media in Gaza constitute war crimes PalestineMiddle East – North Africa Organisation June 3, 2021 Find out more PalestineMiddle East – North Africa to go further Follow the news on Palestine Israel now holding 13 Palestinian journalists RSF_en News Help by sharing this information September 14, 2003 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Gunmen raid Al-Arabiya office in Ramallah, threaten staff WhatsApp blocks accounts of at least seven Gaza Strip journalists News News May 16, 2021 Find out more
Help by sharing this information March 12, 2021 Find out more News SyriaMiddle East – North Africa SyriaMiddle East – North Africa Although British journalist Paul Conroy and Spanish journalist Javier Espinosa have safely reached Lebanon, French journalists Edith Bouvier and William Daniels are still trapped in the Syrian city of Homs, where they have been since 22 February.Reporters Without Borders is becoming increasingly concerned for their safety, because of the constant bombardments and fighting, and because Bouvier is injured.Bouvier and Daniels have made no direct public statements since the video that was released on 23 February. Their silence is disturbing and, as it leaves considerable room for rumour, caution is required.The statements that news media and politicians have attributed to Bouvier and Daniels in the past 36 hours, which cannot be verified, could jeopardize their safety and the success of the negotiations aimed at securing their evacuation.Bouvier’s situation is above all a medical one. She needs to be transported to a secure location in order to be operated on. But Daniels must not be forgotten. From the outset, he chose to stay with Bouvier although he was not injured. It is thanks to him that we have so far been able to obtain news. The two went to Syria together and they will return together.The delicacy of the situation demands the utmost discretion. We appeal to everyone to be responsible. Organisation March 1, 2012 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Two French journalists still trapped in besieged Syrian city Related documents Two French journalists still trapped in besieged Syrian city – Arabic versionPDF – 30.95 KB RSF_en Receive email alerts Damascus TV presenter arrested under cyber-crime law News News Follow the news on Syria News Wave of Kurdish arrests of Syrian journalists to go further March 8, 2021 Find out more Toll of ten years of civil war on journalists in Syria February 3, 2021 Find out more
Limerick Artist ‘Willzee’ releases new Music Video – “A Dream of Peace” Email Limerick Ladies National Football League opener to be streamed live TAGSCahirlimerickLimerick Institute of Technology (LIT)Michael PykeStorm OpheliaTipperary NewsLocal NewsStorm Ophelia victim mourned in LimerickBy Alan Jacques – October 20, 2017 1453 Linkedin Facebook Print LIMERICK Institute of Technology (LIT) has opened a book of condolences for one of its students who was killed as he tried to clear fallen trees during Storm Ophelia this Monday.Michael Pyke (31), was clearing fallen trees outside Cahir on the Ardfinnan Road at Ballybrado in County Tipperary when the tragic accident happened, at about 12.30pm. He was taken to South Tipperary General Hospital but died from his injuries.President of LIT, Professor Vincent Cunnane described Michael’s untimely passing as “a source of profound regret and sadness” for the third level institute.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up “Michael was an Electrical Apprentice in LIT. He started his Phase Six studies with us three weeks ago. He had previously completed his Phase Four programme in LIT in 2016. He was known by staff and students here,” Professor Cunnane explained.“We in LIT are a community, and we hope that the sympathy our community feels will act as a support to Michael’s family, friends and work colleagues.“It is with heartfelt regret that we found that one of our students will not be returning to college. Our thoughts and wishes are with Michael’s family, friends and work colleagues,” he said.LIT Staff and Student Support Services are currently offering support to Michael’s classmates, and to any other staff and students affected by the Tipperary man’s untimely passing.LIT announced this Tuesday that flags at the college campus will fly at half mast as a mark of respect to Michael and that they will open a book of condolence for him.by Alan [email protected] Limerick’s National Camogie League double header to be streamed live WATCH: “Everyone is fighting so hard to get on” – Pat Ryan on competitive camogie squads Twitter Advertisement WhatsApp Previous articleDuke Special tours new album Hollow – a collection of Michael Longley’s poems set to musicNext articleLimerick ‘Maid of Steel’ tackles the 10k Alan Jacqueshttp://www.limerickpost.ie RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Predictions on the future of learning discussed at Limerick Lifelong Learning Festival Billy Lee names strong Limerick side to take on Wicklow in crucial Division 3 clash
News, Sport and Obituaries on Monday May 24th Serious concern over high level of anti-social behaviour in Buncrana Homepage BannerNews Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Twitter Google+ By News Highland – October 17, 2017 Nine til Noon Show – Listen back to Monday’s Programme Google+ Pinterest RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Pinterest Loganair’s new Derry – Liverpool air service takes off from CODA DL Debate – 24/05/21 Serious concern has been raised over a high level of anti-social behaviour in Buncrana.It’s understood that the situation is confined to the Ferris Lane area of the town where a gang of 20-30 youths have been congregating, shouting abuse at residents and letting off fireworks.The issue has been reported to Gardai.Cathaoirleach of the Inishowen Municipal District Cllr Jack Murray says there is an onus on parents to know where their children are:Audio Playerhttp://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/jackantisocial.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. Arranmore progress and potential flagged as population grows WhatsApp Important message for people attending LUH’s INR clinic Previous articleStorm Ophelia: Almost 150 Donegal customers without powerNext articleStorm Ophelia: Council warn of undiscovered fallen trees and debris News Highland Facebook
Lough Swilly RNLI rescue 8 people off the coast off Inishowen Eight people have been rescued after their boat suffered mechanical failure off Inishowen last night.Lough Swilly RNLI were tasked to the scene by the Irish Coast Guard shortly before 8:30pm after the small cruiser got into difficulty.The boat was towed to Buncrana pier with all onboard safely returned to land. Community Enhancement Programme open for applications Google+ Facebook Facebook Pinterest Pinterest Nine til Noon Show – Listen back to Monday’s Programme RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR By News Highland – August 16, 2020 Homepage BannerNews Twitter News, Sport and Obituaries on Monday May 24th Arranmore progress and potential flagged as population grows Twitter WhatsApp Previous articleSchools want rapid Covid-19 testing to be made available to teachersNext articleAccess to Rossnowlagh beach to be partially closed for two weeks News Highland WhatsApp Loganair’s new Derry – Liverpool air service takes off from CODA Important message for people attending LUH’s INR clinic Google+
iStock/Thinkstock(WASHINGTON) — The commander and the senior enlisted officer of a SEAL Team currently deployed to Africa are being investigated for allegations of sexual assault and sexual harassment, officials said.Both senior leaders have been sent back to the United States while the allegations are investigated.“A commanding officer and command master chief assigned to an East Coast-based Naval Special Warfare unit have been relieved of their duties overseas due to alleged misconduct,” said Lt. Jacqui Maxwell, a spokesperson for Naval Special Warfare Group TWO.“Naval Special Warfare and NCIS have initiated investigations as appropriate,” said Maxwell.Two defense officials said one of the team leaders is being investigated for the alleged inappropriate touching of a female service member during the deployment. Both team leaders are being investigated for allegations of sexual harassment, said officials.Both of the senior leaders were sent home by Maj. Gen. Marcus Hicks, the commander of U.S. Special Operations Command Africa, said a third defense official. Hicks suspended the commanding officer’s overseas assignment as the head of SOC Forward East Africa, said the official.While “pulled from deployment” both senior leaders have not been relieved of their duties as the commanding officer and command master chief of their SEAL Team. While stateside they will remain in those positions as the allegations are investigated.SEAL Team units deployed to East Africa typically operate in Djibouti, where the United States has a base, and in Somalia, where they assist in an advisory capacity with the Somali military.The Navy has eight SEAL team units, four odd numbered units stationed in Coronado, California and four even-numbered units stationed at Little Creek, Va.A ninth SEAL Team is more commonly known as SEAL Team Six, though its official name is Special Warfare Development Group DEVGRU. That elite Special Missions unit best known for its role in the Osama bin Laden raid. Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.
KTRK-TV(HOUSTON) — A gunman and his accomplice are on the run after killing two people on a major highway in Texas during rush hour Thursday evening, police said.The deadly shooting occurred just before 6 p.m. local time when the suspect’s car struck another vehicle on Interstate 10 in Houston, causing it to spin out similar to a PIT maneuver. The suspect and another individual in his car got out in the middle of the freeway.Then the suspect, believed to be armed with an assault-style rifle, opened fire at the other vehicle, according to officials with the Houston Police Department.The gunman followed the car as it rolled backwards down the freeway, firing multiple rounds. He continued to shoot at the windshield even after the vehicle came to a stop, police said.The vehicle’s occupants — two men — were killed. Narcotics were later found inside their car, police said.A bystander who saw the shooting took out his own gun and fired several rounds at the suspect, who then ran back to his car and fled the scene, police said.It’s unknown if the suspect was hit.The section of the highway where the shooting occurred remained closed overnight while investigators processed the crime scene.The investigation is ongoing and police are considering all possible motives. Police are looking for both men from the suspect’s vehicle.“Road rage? An accident? Narcotics? We don’t know yet,” Houston Police Assistant Chief W.R. Dobbins told reporters at a press conference Thursday night. Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.
New Canaan Police DepartmentBy EMILY SHAPIRO, ABC News (NEW YORK) — The family of missing Connecticut mom Jennifer Dulos wants her declared legally dead so they can have “closure,” according to a family attorney.The mother of five vanished in May 2019 amid a custody dispute with her estranged husband, Fotis Dulos. After months of suspicion, Fotis Dulos was arrested for his wife’s murder in January 2020. A few weeks after his arrest, Fotis Dulos died in an apparent suicide.The Dulos’ five children remain under the guardianship of Jennifer Dulos’ mother, Gloria Farber.Farber and the children “really want closure,” Farber’s attorney, Richard Weinstein, told ABC News on Friday. “The kids read every article, Gloria reads every article. And it just opens up these wounds.”“We don’t want to be dealing with this two and three years from now,” he said. “We want the [Fotis] Dulos estate resolved and eventually we can open up her [Jennifer Dulos’] estate and get her estate resolved.”“I don’t know of anybody who actually believes that Jennifer is alive,” Weinstein added.The criminal case remains ongoing as Fotis Dulos’ girlfriend, Michelle Troconis, and his friend, attorney Kent Mawhinney, were arrested in connection to Jennifer Dulos’ disappearance.Troconis has pleaded not guilty to charges of tampering with evidence and conspiracy to commit murder. Mawhinney has pleaded not guilty to conspiracy to commit murder.Meanwhile, the five Dulos children “are doing great,” Weinstein said. “They really are doing wonderful, and thank God for Jennifer’s friends, because they’ve just been tremendous.”Copyright © 2020, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.
View post tag: Motor Fleet APM Share this article Authorities View post tag: GE Back to overview,Home naval-today GE’s “digital twin” to help US Military Sealift Command anticipate breakdowns GE’s “digital twin” to help US Military Sealift Command anticipate breakdowns The US Military Sealift Command has selected General Electric for work on a pilot program which will help detect “performance degradation that leads to potential failure”.GE’s Predix Asset Performance Management (APM) pilot program will be used onboard two dry cargo ammunition ships, William McLean (T-AKE 12) and Medgar Evers (T-AKE13), with the aim of improving performance and mission readiness.The first phase of the pilot program will see GE deliver the Motor Fleet APM solution that will enable high-speed data sampling to analyze the electrical signature of the critical marine equipment and provide predictive analytics.To do this, GE will build a digital twin, a virtual replica built on the data collected from marine equipment, such as variable frequency drives, propulsion motors, diesel engines and generators.The system will then compare the real-time asset performance against its digital twin’s data profile, spotting data variance – often a sign of performance degradation that leads to potential failure – and inform operators to solve the problem before it occurs, increasing asset reliability and availability, and reducing maintenance needs and its associated operational expenditures.“Building on the strong partnership we have with the Military Sealift Command will allow us to continue to share both our physics and digital based capabilities, improving their asset availability, efficiency and operations,” said John Mansfield, chief digital officer for GE Aviation’s Digital Solutions. “We’re taking the field data for each vessel and modeling the overall health of their systems so they can make informed decisions to significantly increase their mission readiness.”All remote monitoring and diagnostics will be performed in GE’s Power Conversion’s Houston Remote Monitoring & Diagnostic center in collaboration with the Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPARWAR) where they will determine asset health and take immediate actions to avoid asset failure. View post tag: US MSC February 7, 2018
Bakery wholesaler Bako Northern bore the brunt of the winds yesterday when a roof collapsed on 15 cars as storms battered parts of the UK.A row of five almost-finished industrial units in Langley Moor, County Durham, came down as if it had been subject to a controlled explosion, the operations manager at Bako Northern next door said. The roof blew off on to Bako’s car park, crushing employees’ vehicles, but injuring no-one.The dramatic collapse happened at around 9.40am on Monday, when the winds were gusting strongly across the industrial estate.The building that collapsed was in the process of being finished, but there were no workers on site at the time. It was thought there were no doors on the property when the gust brought it down. It is not owned by Bako Northern and is on an adjoining site.Group operations manager Sean Kelly said: “It was extremely lucky for us, all our drivers were out, there were no contractors or visitors. There was nobody hit by a flying brick, though debris was strewn across the yard.“We have to thank our lucky stars it happened when it did, when we were at our quietest. When we saw the CCTV afterwards, it looked like a building brought down by a controlled explosion.”A total of 10 fire crews attended, as well as the air ambulance, which arrived as a precaution, but fortunately no-one was trapped.